The Persnickity Snark FIVE Challenge: FIVE Great YA Bloggers


I've decided to join the Persnickety Snark in her FIVE Challenge. Basically, there she has established a list of categories for each day leading up to the new year. Here are the lists that she has planned:

December 21 - 5 Great Debuts
December 22 - 5 Great Covers
December 23 - 5 Great Series
December 24 - 5 Great Re-Reads (books you've LOVED so much you went back for more)
December 25 - 5 Most Anticipated (2011 titles)
December 26 - 5 Hopes for YA in 2011
December 27 - 5 Great YA Movie Deals
December 28 - 5 Great Author (in the flesh) Moments
December 29 - 5 Great YA Bloggers
December 30 - 5 Great Miracles that Occurred to Get Me Reading More (choose your genre)
December 31 - 5 Best Titles for 2010 (which I double because 5 is too hard)

Today's post for the Persnickety Snark's FIVE Challenge is to name five of my favorite bloggers. This is easy because about a couple dozen awesome blogs come to mind, but difficult to choose the ones I'll name here. Just know that I read dozens and dozens of blogs daily and love what you all are doing.

Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:


Love this blog! I really warmed up to it this summer when Lenore hosted the Dystopian Reading Challenge. I read tons of books and learned so much about the genre through her many reviews, updates, and author events. It was an awesome time and I can't wait for her next Dystopian celebration. 
Eating YA Books is probably the blog that I read most often. I always check in to see what Jan has to say, because I've found that I really and truly agree with much of what she writes. She is a school librarian and is committed to reading the latest YA so that she can entice unsuspecting young readers to become lifelong readers. She's an inspiration!


 Vampires and Tofu. Enough said! I love this blog for its title and it's content. It's edgy and fun and I read whatever Angelique writes. She reads a huge variety of YA and adult books and I do too, so my reading needs are totally met on her blog. It's fun and funky and I can't get enough of it. 

My Girl Friday is a great blog to read no matter which day of the week you visit! She has great taste in books and often has extra little posts about non-bookish topics. I just enjoy her taste and her writing. I definitely read whatever she posts, whenever she posts it!


And, last but not least, I love reading whatever Misty at the Book Rat blog has to say. This is how much I love her blog--I have an intense fear of rats, mice, and any other such vermin, yet I still visit her blog and read all the time. Intense fear. Screaming. But, I've learned to scroll quickly past the little Book rat face in her blog's header to get to the good stuff--what she has to say about books.
She's funny and has great vlogs and reads a wide variety of books. Love it.

So, check out these blogs if you get a chance. I love them and bet you will, too!