Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Persnickity Snark FIVE Challenge: FIVE Great Author Moments

Today's assignment from the Persnickety Snark asks bloggers to think about the great author moments they've had in 2010. I haven't actually met any authors because I live in the middle of nowhere, but I have had a lot of great author interactions over email and through my blog. So, rather than talk about in-the-flesh moments, I'm going to pay tribute to those authors who have contributed to this blog or my classroom in some way.

Holly Cupala, author of Tell Me A Secret


Kersten Hamilton, author of Tyger, Tyger


Mindi Scott, author of Freefall


Catherine Ryan Hyde, author of Jumpstart the World (amongst other books)


Swati Avasthi, author of Split


All of these ladies contributed greatly to this book blog. I loved interacting with them and learning more about the people behind these awesome books. My recommendation of their books to my students are much more honest and well-rounded after having had conversations with these women.

Thanks, ladies. You are a huge inspiration to me and my students. And, you're always welcome here!

5 comments:

  1. That right there is what makes authors so freaking COOL! Glad you had those interactions to share on your blog and in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I LOVED Split, so Swati Avasthi would make my want to meet list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how accessible and helpful authors are in the blogosphere. Glad you've had so many great experiences for your students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so great when authors make themselves available to the book blogs. I have not had as many interviews as I would like but have gotten quite a few guest posts from the authors whose books are on the Area Wide Book Battle list this year. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm so flattered to make a list with these ladies! Catherine Ryan Hyde is on my must-meet list as well. I haven't met Mindi or Kersten (though I'm sure they are great), but I can vouch for Holly; she is every bit as wonderful as she seems.

    Bloggers I'd love to meet include: YOU!!, Karen at For What it's Worth, Kari at A Good Addiction, and Amy at AmyReads... Someday...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails