Movie Review: Alice in Wonderland


This past Saturday, I finally went to see Alice in Wonderland. Luckily, I went about an hour early because the theater was completely sold out within a half hour or so. Phew.

And, it was worth the wait. Oh my. I absolutely LOVED it! I liked the 3D, sure, but the storyline and the acting was amazing. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter--Brilliant. Helena Bonham Carter transcended evil in her performance as the Red Queen. Even Anne Hathaway, whom I sometimes have issues with, brought humor to her role as the White Queen.

I need to see this movie at least one more time to completely absorb all of the details of the story and the graphics. It was visually stunning and I thought that this adaptation enhanced the original storyline. Love that Alice becomes a bit of a feminist powerhouse by the end of the story and is fairly heroic throughout. I got much more of a Girls Rock! sort of theme running through this version than I did the original. But, much of the classic tale survives in this retelling.

Everyone should see this movie--More than once!