Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Literary Gems: Edgar Allen Poe

I am officially addicted to etsy. Maybe some of you understand this, maybe some of you don't. Whether you've been there or not, just be careful when you visit. I just spent two hours looking at all sorts of items, from pottery (for a friend's housewarming party to quilts (because I'm cold) to literary jewelry (because I'm a nerd).

In this lengthy process, I decided that I would purchase something related to Edgar Allen Poe. My students love it when I wear accessories related to bookish things, so why not find something creepy and poetic for Halloween? Two hours later, I have quite a few pieces to choose from. They are (in no particular order):

Poe Earrings










Poe Necklace








Poe Pendant










Poe Locket







These are not all of the Poe-related jewels on etsy. There are dozens more. These are the ones I liked the best. Any ideas on what I should purchase? And, I might do this type of post again. Like around Women's History Month and National Poetry Month. How does that sound?

**Disclaimer: I don't know any of the people selling these goods. In fact, I don't know anyone who sells anything on etsy. I just shop there. A lot.**

5 comments:

  1. I like the Poe necklace, but they're all pretty cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Poe Necklace the best - I guess it looks the most dressy. But if you are going for student-comment-worthy, I think the Poe Pendant might be your best bet. There's no missing that baby. And you could use the chain for another pendant if you wanted (at least it looks like it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the locket or the pendant. Very cool! I just bought some little frame-y things to make some jewelry with my kiddos faces in them...but I could probably spare one or two for a book-related piece! Fun idea. I've thought about selling stuff on Etsy...I'll let you know if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! :) Thanks for sharing. I love Poe and I especially love teaching his stories and poetry. The kids adore him! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great items! I've always loved Etsy but in the past two weeks I began buying from them, mainly shopping for Xmas. It IS addictive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails