From Dust Till Dawn Read-A-Thon: Challenge 5


For this fifth challenge that I'm participating in, Supernatural Snark is asking Read-A-Thon participants to choose a couple (from different books) and pair them together.

I'm going to choose a character from my current read and pair him with a character from one of my favorite series. I'm reading the Pretties by Scott Westerfeld right now, and though he hasn't appeared right now, I'm going to set up David (a Smokie born and raised in the "wild") with Ms. Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.

Why? Well, I got to know David pretty well in the first book in the Uglies series. He's strong and a revolutionary and smart and subversive, but not in a showy way. He's actually a lot like Gale, but he doesn't have the history with Katniss that Gale does. So maybe she'd look at him more like a boyfriend and less like a friend. Together, these two could whip up some series trouble in both of their dystopian worlds.