Book Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Spoiler Free)

I've waited five days and am now joining the fray. I'm posting my review of Mockingjay. I know that many of you have probably not finished this book yet, but some of you have. I have held off on reading many reviews of this book because I didn't want the opinions and words of others to influence my review. Because when I did peep at a few, I saw some negative reviews. And that's just not how I feel about this book.

I think that I've never looked forward to anything like I've looked forward to the release of this book. Maybe my wedding. But, I knew what was going to happen at my wedding. The end result was marriage. I wasn't so sure about Mockingjay. I was full of nervous thoughts going in: Would Katniss die? Would Peeta be turned into a droid of some sort? Is Haymitch going to betray Katniss? Would the ending be satisfying or would my final moments be spent in disbelief and anger?

Well, I wasn't let down. There was action, passion, sabotage, betrayal, war, chaos, love, underhandedness, happiness, and resolution in the last installment of this series. There were answers to most of my questions.  I'm not going to talk about any of the specifics of the plot, because with a series this mysterious and unpredictable, any reference to plot is a spoiled experience.

I am simply going to say that I loved this book and am hoping (against hope) that Suzanne Collins will revisit this storyline someday. Maybe a prequel? She could go back to the formation of Panem and tell the stories of those rebels who fought against the government and caused their citizens to be plagued with the Hunger Games? Just an idea. It'll probably never happen, but I really wish it would!