Monday, June 21, 2010

The HUGE TBR Readathon: Finish Line

Okay, so I did not read five books. I did not accomplish all of the goals that I set for myself at the beginning of this challenge. But, I did read three books and I lived a whole lot of life in the past three glorious sunny summer days.

Honestly, when my internet router stopped working on Thursday, I had a bit of a what-am-I-ever-going-to-do-without-tech meltdown. That lasted for about three or four hours before I decided to just go with it and live like it was 1985 all over again. I had done everything that I could do: called the cable company, spent an hour on the phone, arranged for a new modem to arrive early this week.

So, I lived life for the entire weekend without any internet. I did have moments of lack-of-tech frustration, like wanting a phone number to order take-out and needing directions, but other than this there were no significant problems. In fact, there were several bonuses: I spent the weekend with friends and family and traveled and gardened and read and never felt the need to update my status, so to speak. It was wonderful.

I read three of my TBR books, all of which were entertaining and fabulous in their own way:

1. Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles
2. Marcello in the Real World by Francisco Stork
3. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

I also started another TBR book:

1. Folly by Marthe Jocelyn

Hopefully, I'll be able to write some of these reviews soon. I won't have internet service for another day or two, so maybe I'll just enjoy a couple more of these sunny summer days.

5 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on Jumping Off Swings! Did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was without Internet access on Saturday and most of Sunday. I think it really helped me get some reading time in on Saturday.

    I am glad you enjoyed the books you read during the readathon. I hope you are enjoying Folly. It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good. I kind of bottomed out on the this readathon. Too many other things going on so didn't read as many books as I had hoped.
    Can't wait to red your thoughts on Marcelo in the Real World. I really was quite taken with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it crazy how weird it feels to be disconnected? I'm glad you made the most if it and enjoyed your time with family! :) You made it through 3 books, that's better than nothing!!!! Curious to hear what you thought of Bree Tanner, I've seen it all over the blogosphere!

    I have an award for you over at my blog! www.teachmentortexts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of those but have heard of them all. Definitely interested in reading Folly myself - I just love the cover. Fantastic job on the readathon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails