Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankfully Reading Weekend: Mini Challenge #3

 Today's mini-challenge for the Thankfully Reading Weekend asks participants to talk about the reading communities that they participate in. Lucky for me, there are three great reading communities that I am a part of. Here they are:

My Adult Book Club: I don't know why I call it an "adult" book club, except that we tend to read adult books. We have been meeting for more than 7 years at this point, and meet every month except August to chat about our book of the month. I love this club because I read a huge variety of books for it and it breaks my out of the YA genre for a little while. The ladies in this club have become good friends and we're definitely a great support for one another.

The Chick Lit Book Club: I started this club with our then Library Assistant five years ago. The purpose of this club was to get girls and women together to talk about a common YA read without any grades or schoolwork attached. I am happy to say that we are about 20 members strong at this point, and have read and discussed about 40 books over the years. (Look for a Chick Lit Book Club giveaway in my series of January Blogiversary events!)

My Online Blogging Friends: Over my (almost) one year of reading and reviewing for this blog, I have met some great people. I have a bunch of go-to blogs that I trust for reliable information, reviews, and commentary. I love this community! It's definitely allowed me to stay connected to YA lit lovers and to keep abreast of changes/ trends in YA for my students. I am a nerdy reader and love to share my passion for YA with others. Thanks, all! (And, look for a giveaway featuring my favorite book bloggers this January. Lots to come!)

Off to read some more for this reading celebration!

5 comments:

  1. You are so fortunate to be part of long term book clubs. I have not found that yet, but keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh*.. I wish I had a book club- one that met in real life and didn't include my students! Im jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about your book club. My book club is through work and our dinner discussions often flow over to the next day in the break room at work or at someone's cubicle. Book clubs are wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally jealous of your book club. The one I used to be in was pretty far from my home and became untenable after I had my baby. I need to find one closer to home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am envious of your book clubs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails