Book Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

I loved, loved, loved the first book in this series. Hush, Hush was a huge surprise for me. I didn't think that I was going to love it, but I did. So, when I received the second book in this series, Crescendo, I thought that I was going to feel the exact same way.

Not so. I was pretty disinterested for the first fifty or sixty pages. It was really depressing. I thought that Nora, who I had admired for her strength and resilience in Hush, Hush had turned into a bit of a whiner.
~ BUT THEN ~

It started to get awesome. And I couldn't put it down. And Nora stopped whining and started doing. And now I love this second book just as much as the first. And I can't wait for the second. 

Okay. I had to get that out. Now I'll summarize the book a little.Without spoilers, though. Because I don't like spoilers.

Nora and Patch are still together, still linked as guardian angel and girlfriend. But, Nora feels like she cares more for Patch than he does for her. And, when Patch starts paying more and more attention to Nora's worst enemy, Marcie Millar, Nora can't help but suspect that something is happening. Her jealousy and anger cause her to break it off with Patch, but she instantly regrets this decision. She tries to regain Patch's attention by hanging out with an old guy-friend who just moved back to town. That doesn't work as well as she'd planned, so Nora sets out to sabotage Patch's blossoming relationship with Marcie by spying on them. And breaking into their respective houses. But, once she's there, she finds out far more about Patch and Marcie than she ever bargained for. 

This read is suspenseful and addictive. If you're bored by whine-y girl behavior, wait Nora out. She finds her voice and becomes rather devious after about the seventy-five page mark. Stick with her, because she's worth the wait!

**ARC received from a tour hosted by Angela of Dark Faerie Tales**