Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recreate the Cover Contest: Coffehouse Angel

I think that the recreate the cover contests that I've seen popping up all over the place are so fun. Maybe I'm just a huge geek, but I love searching for images and fonts and such to create a cool new cover for a book. But, I don't seem to be alone in this interest, so I'm going to keep showing off my creations.

The latest blog to host a recreate the cover challenge is Trisha's Book Blog. She is giving away a cute coffee mug and a signed copy of Coffeehouse Angel to the winner of this contest.

Here is the original cover for this book:


And my re-creation:



This one was a difficult re-make because I really love the original cover. But, after lots of deliberation, I decided to re-create the cover and take out the female figure. I didn't want to copy the original too much and wanted to keep the fun feel of the book on the cover. I'm pretty pleased with it, though I still like the original much more. 

What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. awww, so cute.. Love the wing on the coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cover makes me want to read the book (while drinking a cup of cappicino). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually prefer your cover - it looks great and is original and fresh. The female closeup is basically everywhere right now, so i like seeing something different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly? I'd be much more likely to pick up your cover! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to stop back in quick and let you know that more prizes have been added to the contest. So please stop back in and check it out..!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is fantastic. I love it better than the original

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, I struggled with this one, because how do you go about recreating a cover that's already pretty much perfect for the story? But I think you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Great job and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails