Recreate the Cover Contest: Coffehouse Angel

I think that the recreate the cover contests that I've seen popping up all over the place are so fun. Maybe I'm just a huge geek, but I love searching for images and fonts and such to create a cool new cover for a book. But, I don't seem to be alone in this interest, so I'm going to keep showing off my creations.

The latest blog to host a recreate the cover challenge is Trisha's Book Blog. She is giving away a cute coffee mug and a signed copy of Coffeehouse Angel to the winner of this contest.

Here is the original cover for this book:


And my re-creation:



This one was a difficult re-make because I really love the original cover. But, after lots of deliberation, I decided to re-create the cover and take out the female figure. I didn't want to copy the original too much and wanted to keep the fun feel of the book on the cover. I'm pretty pleased with it, though I still like the original much more. 

What do you think?