Mockingjay Countdown: Mini Challenge 1 (Day 2)

 Today's first assignment from the Mockingjay Countdown (hosted by Morgan at Smitten With Books) is to choose an actor to play Gale in the movie version of the Hunger Games. Now, I don't take this challenge lightly, as I am worried about the movie version of this book matching the movie I've created in my head. Also, Gale is one of my very favorite characters in this book, and I think that he needs to be perfect.

Why? Because if he's too wimpy-looking or not intelligent looking, why would Katniss ever go for him?  To me, Gale is like Katniss's replacement for her beloved father. He needs to appear as capable and handsome and smart as her father was. So, he needs to look tempting but reliable. This is not an easy look to accomplish, particularly among the existing Hollywood elite. I mean, he's gotta look like he could mine. All day long. That can't be easy.

So, my choice for Gale is Ethan Peck.  I don't know much about him, but he has the right look for Gale. I bet he could pull it off! Here are a couple of photos that reminded me of a brooding, hunter-like Gale (disclaimer: I do not condone cigarette smoking. At all.):


Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think!