Mini Read-a-Thon Tally

Last night, I stayed up super late reading as part of the Mini Read-a-Thon hosted by 25 Hour Books. I didn't finish any books, but I read from four different titles. They are:


Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix: I almost finished this book, but it is hard for me to read it straight through. I think that's because it's a middle grade read. It is an entertaining mystery, though, and is part of a series. I read about thirty pages of this title.

Ash by Melinda Lo: I read about 80 pages of this book. It's a retelling of Cinderella and is very, very good. I'm really getting swept away by it and highly recommend it.

This is What I Want To Tell You by Heather Duffy Stone: I actually chose this one to start fresh for the read-a-thon to see how far I could get. I thought that I might like this book, but I am absolutely loving it. It's narrated in alternating chapters by a pair of twins, Noelle and Nadio (a girl and a boy). It's about love and lust and friendship and hurt feelings and it's really well-written. I read about 150 pages of this book last night. I hope to finish it today or tomorrow!

Poetry Speaks Who I Am edited by Elise Paschen and Dominique Raccah: Every time I felt myself lagging or needing to switch books, I read a few poems from this amazing collection. I don't like to read collections of poetry too quickly, so this title has been sitting on my bedside table for about a week. I have read from it every day and have discovered and rediscovered some powerful poetry inside of its pages. It also comes with a CD, but I have not yet listened to it. I plan to put it in my car and listen to it there once I've finished my reading.

Total Pages Read: About 260. Pretty good for a few hours on a Tuesday night!