Book Review: All Unquiet Things

I've been wanting to read All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab for some time. When I received a grant to purchase some new books for my classroom's free reading shelves, I couldn't help myself! This was one of the first I bought and one of the first (of 18!!) that I read.

And, I wasn't at all disappointed. This is one of the most suspenseful, thriller-type books that I've read in a long time. In fact, I can't even think of a comparison read to tell you how suspenseful and gripping this book actually was. Part of the suspense was created through the back and forth narration of the two main characters, Neily and Audrey.

The basic plot is this: Carly was murdered one year ago. Her uncle was named as her killer. Apparently, Carly inherited money that her uncle felt entitled to and he couldn't let her live knowing that he should have had that share of the inheritance. This motive is believed by police, the prosecution, and the judge. Carly's uncle goes to jail and the rest of Carly's friends and family are free to move on.

Except, Audrey (Carly's cousin and daughter of the supposed killer) isn't buying it. She wants to set out to prove that her father is innocent and that the real killer is still at large. She cannot let go of the evidence she's found, but she needs help. So, Audrey enlists Neily, Carly's ex-boyfriend to help prove her father's innocence and out Carly's actual killer behind bars before someone else dies.

This is a hugely entertaining read. I finished it in one afternoon--My bored husband and lonely dog can attest to the fact that I ignored them for a whole day! And, I'm not trying to get away from them. This read will interest boys and girls alike. I can't wait to see what other titles Anna Jarzab writes!