Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Dystopia Challenge: Sign Up Post

Dystopia Challenge

There are all sorts of awesome challenges floating around right now. I have been tempted by several that I will probably join and have even begun to bookmark some that I might sign up for. That said, when I came across the Dystopia Reading Challenge, which is hosted by Bookish Ardour, I knew I had to join.

This is my absolute favorite genre of YA. I don't know exactly what it is about a world gone horribly bad that makes me want to read on, but I do. I love it. This past year, I read 22 dystopias. Already, I have a few more on my TBR shelf and I have about a dozen on my wishlist.

There are 7 levels to choose from in this reading challenge:

Asocial–  Choose 5 books to read 
Contagion – Choose 15 books to read 
Soldier – Choose 30 books to read 
Drone – Choose 50 books to read 
Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read  
Brainwashed – Choose 76-125 books to read 
Totalitarian – Choose 126-200 books to read

As much as I would love to read at the totalitarian level, I don't think that's going to happen. I do think that I'd make a great soldier, though, so that's what I'm going to shoot for. Oops. That was an unintended pun!  

I am going to start reading for this challenge as soon as the ball drops. If you're interested in joining, sign up!


8 comments:

  1. When I started reading this post, I was kind of like "Ugh, dystopian...not for me." But once I'd finished, I started to think, maybe this would be a great way to reintroduce myself to what may be an awesome genre that I've just labeled too hastily as "not my thing." I'll definitely be looking at your TBR page for some of these books (and maybe your wishlist?) Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! impressive! Can't wait to follow as you soldier on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dystopian is my favorite genre too! Totally checking it out...thx!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I do 2 dystopian theme months a year (so obvs I am gung ho) but even I am not at the totalitarian level (nor would I want to be). I probably read about 50? And that was like nearly 1/3 of my reading for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, the totalitarian level is just scary! The challenge, though, sounds like fun. I'm trying not to join too many, but I look forward to seeing what you end up reading for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should join! I just started reading Dystopia this year but love it!

    Maybe I'll be an Asocial xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. From blog post, I just knew that there's what you called as Dystopia book.

    I have checked the list of Dystipia book and found only one book that are available.

    I pass for the challenge

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting about this, I hadn't heard about it before. Going to join today! Dystopian books are so AWESOME and after the Hunger Games, I can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails