Thankfully Reading Weekend: Wrap Up

 The Thankfully Reading Weekend is about to end. It's pretty sad. I've had a lot of fun, seen some new blogs, and added some books to the finished pile. With 2010 coming to a close, this is a great accomplishment for me. Here's a little recap:

  • Did you read as much as you hoped?
Yes. More. Which is great, considering that I did a lot with friends and the husband this weekend. Including: played cribbage for several hours with friends, went to the movies to see the latest Harry Potter flick,  put together a new bed with my husband, watched the Patriots game (from the DVR), and cleaned out all of my closets.
  • How many books did you finish and what were the titles?
Let's see. I finished Bait by Alex Sanchez, Chasing Windmills by Catherine Ryan Hyde, Tell Us We're Home by Marina Budhos, and Freefall by Mindi Scott. I also started two other books and read about 200 pages between those two books. 
  • For how many hours did you manage to escape into your books?
Several hours. Whenever my husband escape to the garage to work on whatever it is that he works on out there, I'd sneak off to read. 
  • Did anyone else in your family take time to read?
Not that I know of! I doubt that's what my husband is doing in the garage!
  • What was the winner for the weekend?
Definitely Freefall by Mindi Scott. Easily one of my favorite reads for the year!

Thanks to Jenn of Jenn's Bookshelf, Jen from Devourer of Books, and Candace from Beth Fish Reads for sponsoring this event!