Read Your Own Books Read-A-Thon: The Finish Line


Phew. I just made it. I finished my second book just in time to take a breath and write this post before heading off to enjoy my last week of work at Camp Summit.

So, how'd I do? Well, I thought that I'd be able to read more. But, I had a migraine for about six hours yesterday. That put a dent in my overall reading time. I did manage to read two full books, start to finish.

The Season by Sarah MacLean: I'll write a review of this book soon (like tonight) because I loved it so well. I've heard a mixed bag of reviews, but I thought that it was entertaining and romantic and light in a way that some historical fiction is not. It was a fun read and I'd pick up another YA book by the same author in a heartbeat.

My other book, The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness was not so light or refreshing. It was more like a speeding rocket ship that was headed for collision with the faraway planet of Awesome. It's a dystopian novel, which is one of my all-time favorite genres.  I bought it Sunday at about noon. I just finished reading all 500+ pages of it this morning. (Translation: I couldn't put it down!)

This book is a sequel to the highly creative and amazing The Knife of Never Letting Go, which I also loved. The third book in this series comes out in September and I cannot wait to read it.  I'll post a review soon.


Though I did not accomplish all of my *lofty* reading goals in this read-a-thon, I had a great time and read two full books. Thanks to The Bibliophilic Book Blog for hosting this read-a-thon. I can't wait to see what other folks accomplished!