Recreate the Cover Contest: You Wish

Princess Bookie is at it again! These recreate-a-cover contests are so much fun that I can help but join in! I've not read a lot about You Wish by Mandy Hubbard, but I had a ton of fun recreating this cover! And, if I win (which is doubtful given the talent that turns out for these events), I would win a My Little Pony. And the book. But, a My Little Pony! I loved those little creatures when I was a little girl in the '80s.

So, here is the original cover, which I think is pretty awesome on its own:


And here is my recreation, in which I took the theme in a less pink direction. Not that there's anything wrong with pink. I just wanted to envision a totally different cover for this book. 


It's a little muted, a bit understated. I'm okay with it. I've already seen some other recreated covers that I like better, but I enjoy the challenge of this activity. It's fun. Feel free to join in!