Friday's Fab Five (2)


Friday's Fab Five is a meme is hosted by Froggarita's Bookcase.  Every Friday Froggarita asks five questions so that we can all learn a little more about one another.  The only rule is that you can't use the same answer twice within your five!   Ready to play?  Leave a link to your post if you decide to play along!  
 
1. What's your favorite ice cream flavor and brand?

I actually love gelato far more than traditional ice cream. It's more flavor-filled and I feel like it's a delicacy. My favorite flavor is mint or mint chocolate chip. I don't care about the chocolate, but mint is mandatory. I like to buy my gelato from Gelato Fiasco in Brunswick, Maine. Don't buy the supermarket variety--too sugary. It's best fresh.
2. What's your favorite flower?
 
I love poppies. They're gorgeous. I have Icelandic ones at my house, but am planning an invasion of Orientals for next spring. Here are some gorgeous pics of a few poppy strains that I covet:

 3. What's your favorite drink?

Fresh brewed iced tea with lemon, no sugar. Brown and bitter and cold. Yum!

4. What's your favorite game? 
 
I love to play cards, like an good New Englander who's used to power outtages. My favorite card game is called Cribbage. I'm not sure how broadly this game is played, but it's pretty fun. Most bars and VFW halls hold Cribbage tournaments here in the winter. There's just not much else to do when there's five or six feet of snow on the ground!
  
5. What's your favorite music artist/ band?

This is a toughie because I love lots and lots of music. My top two favorite bands of all time that I would drop everything right now to see are Cake and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have all of their albums, know every word, and can often be seen sporting a tee for either of these bands. I've seen each of these bands more than a few times and have loved them every time!